We are proud of our school & we respect each other, therefore…
- all learners must be at school on time
- we enter and leave the hall for assembly in silence
- learners remain standing after entering a classroom
- we may never use bad language
- school uniforms are compulsory
- we wear our school uniform with pride – clean and neat
- keep the school grounds & classrooms clean
To maintain order and discipline…
- learners entering the school are to use the door nearest to their classroom
- learners may only use the passages when changing periods, going to the office, going to music or when it rains
- learners may only use the public phones for emergencies
- when sick learners must phone form the office
- learners are only excused from P.T. if a letter from the parents is produced. For periods longer than a week a medical certificate is needed.
- learners going to the toilet during class time, must go alone
- learners who are taking messages during class time, must go alone
For the safety of each learner and teacher…
- no sharp objects, knives or weapons may be brought to school
- riding of bicycles, skateboards and roller blades are forbidden on the school ground
- no learners are allowed in the swimming pool area unless accompanied by an educator
- changing for swimming must be done in the change rooms. No learner may leave the pool area in a bathing costume.
- no learners may be in the hall, quad or classrooms before or after school or during breaks.
- ball games may only be played on the rugby field
- no learner may leave the school grounds during school hours without permission from the office
- learners must wait for their parents inside the school grounds
At KPS we don’t allow…
- smoking, use of alcohol or drugs at school or any public area
- chewing gum
- correcting fluid
- learners to bring toys
- learners to bring cell phones or any items of value to school.